- Understand the factors affecting late-life management and decision making, such as declining production and lean operations, to ensure the optimal choices are made for your ageing assets
- Gain insights into the techniques and equipment used by top life extension engineers around the region to stimulate production and combat asset integrity issues such as corrosion, learning how to adopt their practices into your own approach
- Explore substantial cost-reductions in P&A through specialist equipment selection and the application of unconventional methods
- Engage with top regional regulators to learn about their new decommissioning guidelines and confirm that legal requirements for decommissioning are understood
- Discuss the environmental risks associated with decommissioning from a PR, regulatory and commercial perspective so that they can be mitigated and protected against
- Learn about global best practice and opportunities in cost-assessment and project management
Well Services Consultant
Well Intervention Engineer
Senior Technical Advisor
Executive Director for Petroleum
Professor Amila Zawawi
Head of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Quick Stats About Decommissioning and Late-Life Asset Management
Hours of Networking Time
Operator Attendees in 2015:
The region’s leading conference focused on the challenges of decommissioning and late-life asset management
The Decommissioning and Late-Life Asset Management Conference 2016 will bring together cutting edge decommissioning knowledge and expertise from around the world, with best practice in life extension, to supply the crucial information needed to manage assets optimally in their late-life period. Decommissioning, intervention, well services, asset development, commercial, and production teams will gather alongside regulators and service companies to address the challenges associated with ageing assets across the APAC region, and explore the variety of options and opportunities available ahead.
Late-Life Uncertainty Intensifies Across the APAC Region
- Lower for Longer - The low oil price environment challenges the profitability of many assets, heightening the need to understand late-life management and make the right decisions about cost-effectively implementing life extension, or COP and eventual decommissioning. Hear from expert operators, consultants and academics to understand how to best navigate these difficult issues
- Decommissioning Activity Gathers Pace - From the Varanus and Thevenard Island projects in Australia, to the expectation of decommissioning plan submissions for over 250 platforms in the Gulf of Thailand in the next two years, the long awaited wave of decommissioning activity across the region is approaching. How it will be carried out, and how much it will cost, remains unclear. Combat that lack of clarity with world-class analyses on cost-assessment, and case studies, presentations and panel sessions on technical execution.
- A Range of New Guidelines for the Region - Regulators and associations across the region are responding to the challenges by issuing new guidelines which will help determine the shape of decommissioning over the coming years. Hear what they have to say and discuss it with them for certainty that your plans comply.
- New importance for life extension - alongside the rise of decommissioning across the region, many operators are looking to extend asset life in new, more efficient ways, and engineers and service companies are rising to the challenge. Find out what solutions are being used and how they might be applied to your own projects.
See What Attendees Of DecomWorld & Upstream Intelligence Events Think:
"Very well organized. Great networking opportunities. Would definitely attend again"- Repsol
"Good opportunity for networking and update from other companies"- BP
"DecomWorld did an excellent job of putting together a summit on a topic operators and vendors are highly interested in improving"- Chevron
"Valuable information about new technologies and techniques"- Subsea 7
"The exhibition draws the highest calibre of talent and expertise in the industry in a concentrated, easy to meet manner"- Mactech Offshore
"Great event, good networking opportunities"- OneSubsea