Utilize exclusive decommissioning data, analyses and forecasts to enhance your business development and commercial strategies
DecomWorld’s Offshore Decommissioning Report 2013-14, Gulf of Mexico, provides analysis on the world’s largest and most competitive decommissioning market that regularly generates $1 billion+ in total revenue every year for the companies that support operations.
This report will provide you with detailed data and analysis on:
- Decommissioning activity data and analysis for 2012 to benchmark your market share & position against competitors
- Gulf of Mexico inventory data for decommissioned and installed platforms to understand market opportunity for 2013 and beyond
- Market size, capital expenditure, T&A timelines and a critical analysis of market trends to help you build an accurate forecast of activity for 2013 into your business development plans
- Detailed GOM fleet analysis - including platform type, water depth, operator and NTL liability - to improve the focus of your business development strategies
- Analysis on the latest regulatory updates to ensure your bids for future contracts are compliant and safe
Your key questions answered:
- How big will the decommissioning market be in 2013 and beyond?
- How does my decommissioning workflow compare to the overall market size in 2012?
- Who are the most active operators in the decommissioning market?
- Which operators had the greatest capital expenditure?
- What is the capital expenditure forecast for 2013?
Decommissioning market opportunities
The Gulf of Mexico oil and gas industry is clearly in a proactive mood for the decommissioning of shelf assets. Previous years have been more reactive, principally due to hurricane activity, which had caused extensive damage to platforms and associated infrastructure.
- 2011 was a record year for the number of platforms decommissioned, and has exceeded all predictions
- Early indications suggest that 2012 may exceed 2010 as the second largest year for decommissioning activity
- 2012 is already the second largest market for structure removal ($835 million), but it is only the fourth largest year for revenue generated through well abandonment ($737 million)
What's new for the 2013-14 report?
- More detailed analysis and data on the market opportunities, idle structures and current inventory
- 2013-15 forecasts broken down by shallow water and deep water structures
- 2012 data and analysis to benchmark your activities against the most recent information
- Expanded focus on reefing, including the distribution of reefing sites in LARP and TARP
Leading companies who have already ordered the 2013 edition:
- ESCO Marine
- Hercules Offshore
- Nexen Petroleum
- TCI Sanmar Chemicals
- Apache Energy
- Kongsberg Seatex
- Baker Hughes
This report is the culmination of four months of research and years of expertise within the offshore oil & gas decommissioning market in the GOM OCS. The report was prepared and written by Mark J. Kaiser, Professor and Director of the Research and Development Division at the Center for Energy Studies, Louisiana State University.
- Pages: 70+
- Tables: 30+
- Publication Date: March 2013
- Format: Secure PDF
Industry endorsements & testimonials for DecomWorld's Annual Decommissioning Report:
I found Decomworld’s Offshore decommissioning report 2013-14, Gulf of Mexico a very informative read that has provided me with important information to support my business planning.
I was impressed by the depth of data, which we have used to increase our understanding of the remaining market opportunities in 2013. I would recommend this report to decommissioning service contractors seeking to improve their business strategies and succeed in 2013.
Lee Orgeron, CEO, Montco Offshore
DecomWorld’s Offshore decommissioning report 2013-14, Gulf of Mexico provides a valuable insight into the remaining market opportunities available to decommissioning contractors.
It offers a very impressive level of depth and breakdown of the market that has helped us when planning our workflow going forward.
I recommend this report to seasoned decommissioning executives analysing the development of the market in detail, including the size of the peak and the prospect of work plateauing. This level of detail makes the report a must read for those considering entering the market or expanding their investment.
Beau Martin, Owner, B&J Martin
DecomWorld’s Gulf of Mexico Offshore Decommissioning Report 2012 - 2013 presents a synopsis of the GoM decommissioning market and will be particularly valuable to Contractors planning for 2012 and beyond. The report provides good background information for new entrants as well as the basis of further debate for seasoned decommissioning specialists.
Gary Siems, Decommissioning Manager, Stone Energy
Does this sound like a report which will really aid your business planning in the Gulf of Mexico?
Order it now and save $1000: You can buy the full report via our secure order page
Find out more: Download a report extract here for free
If you have any questions about the report please contact:
T: + 44 (0) 0207 375 7528 / Toll Free: +1 800 814 3459 ext 7528
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK